This Monday’s listicle comes at the request of Kim, at Zook Book Nook: she’s having a new baby, maybe even right this very minute, and she wanted to create a series of blog posts about “the senses.” This week’s series is about “sight,” so we were asked to put together our ten favorite photos.
The people who really know how to work this here newfangled internet thing did pinterest and instagram and all that stuff, and others simply posted lovely, wonderful photos, probably culled from their immaculately cataloged digital archives.
Yeah. Well. Yay for them. Me, not so much.
Husband has done an admirable job of cataloging many of our photos but many (most?) are scattered around any number of hard drives, any number of photo file systems. So some things are right there where they should be but, for instance, most of 2005 is missing.
So I can’t put my hands on my favorite photos, or not all of them anyway, but here are some photos that could be seen as wishes…
1. May your diapers never account for most of your total body weight:
two year old Caleb
2. May you know the joy (mostly) of an older sibling:
boys, City Palace in Jaipur
3. May you know the joy of silly hats (and silly walks, also fart jokes):
4. May you have the gift of imagination and the empty time in which to exercise that gift:
5. May you have the gift of music:
Washington Square Park, NYC, 2010
6. May you have the gift of art:
sand painting, Union Square Park NYC, 2011
7. May you have adventures:
8. May you have mysteries…
a screened window, Humayan’s Tomb, Delhi
9. …and beauty…
Rub-al-kali, The Empty Quarter
10. …and peace:
Sedgewood, New York State