Monday Listicles: Q&A

This week’s listicle (thank you, Stasha!) comes from “Inside the Actor’s Studio,” via Bridget at Twinisms.  Given that my chances of ever appearing on Actors’ Studio are precisely nil, this list is the closest I will get. In the spirit of the thing, however, I am writing this with sunglasses on, also a big hat, so that the paparazzi will just leave me alone as I write.  It seems to be working. No one has tried to take my picture. Yet.

1. What is your favorite word? Here’s why I will never be on Actor’s Studio: because I am a person so in love with words that I find this question difficult to answer.  Favorite words: Episcopalian, turquoise, gibbous.

2.What is your least favorite word? Nostril.

3. What turns you on? Nice hands, anticipation, and champagne.

4. What turns you off? Greed and displays of ego–particularly the inevitable pissing contests caused by people’s needs to prove their power.

5. What sound do you love? Waves on the beach and my children’s laughter.

6. What sound do you hate? Anything that whines (children, dogs, dentist’s drills)

7. What is your favorite curse word: Fuck.

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt: Heiress

9. What profession other than yours would you not like to do: Pretty much anything that involves working five days a week in an office

10. If there is a heaven, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? The spa is that way, Viggo and Mr. Clooney are waiting for you.

10 Responses to Monday Listicles: Q&A

1. Jackie December 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

Sign me up for being a heiress! There must be a spa in heaven, because I swear it’s the closest ot heaven on earth for me!

2. Varda (SquashedMom) December 19, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

Love your list! And? DOH I meant to do this but put up another post today – the one I meant to put up yesterday. So maybe I’ll do it for tomorrow. (A day late, but hopefully not a dollar short.)

I also have no one favorite word, but dozens. How to choose… how to choose…?

3. Stasha December 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

Oh I am so with you on #9. Or in a mall too! Can you imagine not seeing daylight all day long ?! I like how you added a few extra whines, they are all equally annoying. Good one, list royalty.

4. Sara December 19, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Love #7 & #8! Great list!

5. jacqui December 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

I love your list! Especially 4, 7, 8, and 9. (I liked 10 too…I’d just want different guys waiting for me at the spa.)

6. Alison@Mama Wants This December 20, 2011 at 9:21 am #

Haha #10 made me snort! And we have 3 things in common in this list.

7. audrey December 20, 2011 at 10:04 am #

Ha ha ha Love your list! It made me smile!

8. Ado December 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

I love your list. Episcopalean is a fantastic word and I am one! (-:
    I must say I do love nostril though. It’s just so interesting and provocative.
    Fuck is my fave swear word too. It is just so satisfying. (-:

9. Recovering Supermom December 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

Oh, yes! Heiress is a fantastic idea!
    Great list!

10. Cynthia M December 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm #

Heiress!! Why didn’t I think of that? And definitely Viggo, but you can have Clooney.